The Colorado Juvenile Defender Center was created in 2008 to elevate the quality of juvenile defense and improve the treatment of youth in Colorado’s juvenile justice system. In 2010, CJDC became a non-profit organization Colorado Juvenile Defender Coalition, becoming the Colorado Juvenile Defender Center in 2015. Donations and/or member-supporter contributions are tax-deductible.
Join us! Become a Member today for only $100!
CJDC Annual Membership–General Member
CJDC members provide essential annual support and receive our monthly newsletter and invitations to all CJDC events.
To become a general member, click on the donate now button to donate $100 online, and write “general membership” in the special instructions box. Or send a check with this form:
CJDC Annual Membership–Attorney Member
Attorney members offer essential annual support and receive monthly updates on local and national legal developments, discounts on our CLEs and the Colorado Juvenile Defense Manual, and assistance with legal inquires.
To become an attorney member, click on the donate now button to donate $100 online, and write “attorney membership” in the special instructions box. Or send a check with this form:
Donate! Help us serve Colorado’s kids!
- A$20.00 donation pays for initial discovery in one municipal court case.
- A $35.00 donation pays for mileage for three round trip visits to public schools in Commerce City to represent kids in school discipline and special education cases.
- A $50.00 donation pays for CJDC to print 15 copies of it’s new Direct File Report, to educate legislators and the juvenile justice community about the work left to be done when sentencing children as adults.
- A $100 donation pays the mailing costs to complete appropriately three cases petitioning to remove a child from the sex offender registry.
- A $350 donation pays the costs associated with holding one two hour continuing legal education session for juvenile defense attorneys.
- A $500 donation pays investigation costs for one municipal court case that proceeds to trial.
To become a member or supporter, you can donate on-line:
Or, to pay by check, complete one of the forms above and mail to CJDC, 1245 E. Colfax Ave, Suite 204, Denver, CO 80218. Please make checks payable to Colorado Juvenile Defender Center. Thank you!
For more information contact: Elise Logemann, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support!